Showing posts with label options. Show all posts
Showing posts with label options. Show all posts

Fernando Alonso qualifies his remarks about their options in 2011


Fernando Alonso has tempered his statements about their options in 2011, after what has been said in the last few hours. Since yesterday, the world of formula 1 is confused with statements in which the Asturian ensured that they could fight for the Championship; and this morning has been released, in an act of Shell, which "is easier to do the Camino de Santiago, which traced the 92 points".
Without doubt, contradictory statements, but still more to be done with less than 24 hours apart. Now, Ferdinand had to "resolve the wrong" and solve questions that has caused us. His speech has now changed to "there is still time to react;" or what is the same, there is a chance to win, but there are few and pass by the fact that Ferrari will improve the competitiveness of your car.
Alonso explains that his aim should be winning every race in which to compete, although many times it is impossible, the objective is there. It also ensures that the seven Grands Prix which have been held so far have been the best seven of his professional career in formula one, so it makes it clear that he is in top form. He says that they have been the best seven sessions of classification, the seven best outputs; all.
With such conviction, one wonders what would happen if Ferrari were competitive. Fernando aims we can discover it before the end of the year. However, recognises that the change of rules with regard to the mapping of the engine will not change things, and unlike many of his followers, has been very good for Sebastian Vettel words.
Alonso says that although training Seb was two tenths faster than others, race and the rain that distance reached the eight tenths in race, which believes that the secret of its speed is not only Red Bull ultra-competitivo. Finally, the Ferrari driver said he believed that they will be competitive in Valencia, as they were already in Monaco and Canada.

De la Rosa still has options in Renault

Eric Boullier has for the first time the name of Pedro de la Rosa as a potential replacement for Robert Kubica. Confirming that it is in talks with Spanish driver


Another former Sauber Nick Heidfeld, however, is in pole position for the seat of the R31, and tested the black car and gold this weekend.


Heidfeld, 33 years was with Renault in Jerez team yesterday Thursday.


"We are in discussions with of the rose, Heidfeld and Liuzzi," confirmed Boullier cited by sports daily Marca at Spain.


Even the manager of Heidfeld, Andre Theuerzeit insisted that "yet no one knows" If the German driver will run in Bahrain.


Boullier in statements to Auto Motor und Sport: "this year, with so many new things with the car, not cannot risk to go with a young driver".


"The experience will be vital, so there are not too many candidates."


French said that Heidfeld is a favorite.


"He's going to try on Saturday and on Sunday a day and a half." "If we believe it is our man, then will it be in the next test in Barcelona".


"If not, then we would have to prove one of the other drivers", said Boullier, referring to the rose and Vitantonio Liuzzi.


"Barcelona is our absolute deadline then we need to know who will be our race car driver."


He explained that Bruno Senna will also lead the R31 in Jerez to be the first pilot to reserve for 2011.

"If it happens something else (a race pilots), I want a driver who has been in the car," added Boullier. Romain Grosjean is currently racing in GP2 Asia Series in Abu Dhabi.

"If this (Kubica crash) happened in the middle of the season, then could have had the opportunity to a young pilot." "However, we must develop this car from scratch with someone with experience", insisted.


"On the role, the ideal substitute for Robert is Heidfeld," added Boullier.

 

Texeira has options for Lotus

He speculates that the Lotus Racing team could have up to four pilots reserve in this 2011.


He is already known that Davide Valsecchi and Luiz Razia have almost certainly his active participation within the Lotus team to be running the T128 sessions on Friday morning Grand Prix.


And Karun Chandhok is also close to a role with the team of Hingham to support pilots race; Jarno Trulli and Heikki Kovalainen.


But the media this weekend suggested that another contender for the post of Tester and reserve is 26 years old Portuguese born in Angola, Ricardo Teixeira.


In his training career, including the GP2 and formula 2 Teixeira had the support of the Angolan oil company Sonangol.


After the rest of the F1 teams sailed in Valencia last week, and attention turned to the presentation of the new McLaren in Berlin, Lotus lagged behind and Teixeira spent some time on the T128 Lotus.


"I am very happy that I could help with filming (car) and my first experience of an F1 car I can't wait to have another chance," he said.


Mike Gascoyne said Teixeira "defended very well and that's exactly what we needed to do".